Common User

Me rambling on.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

BBC Awaydays, a chill and Time Travel

Paula Milne who wrote The Virgin Queen which starts on BBC ONE tonight but seems to have gone out on PBS in the States already, is interviewed in The Observer this morning.

Whenever I hear the BBC have gone on an awayday I get a chill. They go to some hotel, split up into groups and come up with these headings like 'historical' and 'contemporary' and 'transsexual'.


The quote comes from a Drama writers "chat" debating whether we are currently living through a golden age of UK TV drama. Coincidentally the only 3 dramas I'm currently watching on TV are all time travel based. Life On Mars, Johnny and the Bomb and (waiting for the return of) Doctor Who. Nicholas Lyndhurst; you have a lot to answer for.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life on Mars was excellent. I think it was an unexpected hit. Definately hope there is another series so I can pick up more tips from DCI Gene Hunt..

I'm not biased, honest...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home